Sunday, June 8, 2014

Making Progress!

Well, we didn't make our one month deadline; not surprised.
But we did make progress. It took me almost 3 weeks to sand and scrape the bottom of all the loose paint in prep for new paint.

When that was finally done, in 90 d heat, we rolled on 2 to 4 coats of bottom paint. We hope to get 3 to 4 years out of this paint job.

Also took the opportunity to change some old thru hull valves.

Shiny new bronze!

We also added a line cutter to the propshaft for our trip thru the lobsta-pot minefields of Maine.

Chris did an outstanding job of cleaning and waxing the hull. One complete cleaner treatment and 2 coats of paste wax, by hand. 2 weeks of working on a scaffold.

With all that done, we finally got back in the water.

Soooo nice! No more 12' climb up and down. And that was for working, taking breaks, eating, and...every bathroom trip day and night plus showers! Top it off with no A/C in 90 degree heat. Yea, we're definitely happy to be back in the water!
We still have to repaint all the nonskid on the decks and of course rain is predicted all week. We'll also have to reinstall the jib tracks pluss some new rigging hardware.
But we're still confident in getting to Maine this summer.